Sunday 11 December 2011

Merry Craftmas

Seasons Greetings!

Its been a while since my last post, so thought I'd update you (imagined audience) on what I've been making recently. I ran out of sculpy about a week ago and have been pretty busy with work, so I've been crocheting more than usual (taking advantage of the bus journey).

I also thought I'd run out of aida, which made me sad because I've been aching to cross-stitch recently. Fortunately however I found a couple of offcutts which were big enough to use. Being December I figured I should make something festive, so I made my 2 closest friends some lovely Christmas cards. 



Made almost entirely from scratch. I painstakingly cut out the card with a window for the cross-stitch, lined it with paper (to cover the card holding the aida in place) and made a cute little tassel. 
 

Closer pic of the stitching and tassel (the second one came out better). I didnt really think about adding writing until I had finised the border and tree. When I came to do some text I realised there was no way that "Merry Christmas" was going to fit. Oops. I think Merry Treemas is a bit cuter and quirkier anyway.


I even made my first envelope!

 On to the crochet! After making the little grey bear amigurumi (from the last post) I decided I really liked the contrast between grey and orange. With this in mind I took a ball of grey wool with me to work and arrived home with a longish grey rectangle. I then cut a smaller rectangle out of an old orange t-shirt and sewed it to the middle of the crochet.


 I folded and stitched the bottom third into a pouch, first with grey thread (for strength) and then added some chunky orange stitches and a big orange button to achieve that contrast. I added a press-stud for fastening.


 This is the perfect size for any small bag (especially compared to the huge purse I use at the moment).




 Crochet phone case with button fastening. Big enough for my HTC Hero.


Three little duckies. 






 I spent about 2 hours re-organising my thread box. It makes me smile to see it so organised.


 And finally! Our Christmas tree :) 


Hope everyone has a wonderful festive season! See you in the new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment