Sunday 6 November 2011

The (awkward) first post.

Hi. 

I've never written a blog before (I did have a livejournal as a teen, though that hardly counts). I've always considered myself far too dull for anyone to WANT to read about, but after I started getting into crafts about 3 years ago the uploaded photos of my crochet/jewellery got quite a bit of attention, albeit from friends and family. 

When I began making jewellery to sell I set up a facebook page, as you do if you find eBay a bit too intimidating, and within a few days I was receiving comments and orders from people I didnt know. This made me squee with happiness and my faith in my abilities and my trinkets grew substantially. I even had business cards printed! Okay, so the majority are still in the box they came in, but the confidence was there!

Due to a heavy workload in my third year of university I had little time to work on anything that wasnt related to mental health, so Blackbird Beads fell by the wayside. By the time I finished, I was waiting for a number of things (NMC pin number, CRB check and a start date for my new job) and had a lot of free time and not a penny to my name.

 What I did have, however, was a huge bag of wool, my sewing kit and a box full of unused Sculpy. And this is where my story begins....

I dont know if anyone will read this, but I hope they do. I'm mostly doing this out of an appreciation for craft blogs in general, as without them I wouldn't be anywhere near as full of inspiration as I am today. If one person reads this and feels an urge to pick up a crochet hook or try their hand at Sculpy-craft then I will be a happy bunny.

Much love, 
Alex






1 comment: