Sunday 6 November 2011

A photo history - Jewellery version.

Hola!

This one will be a bit longer than the crochet version, mainly because Sculpy provides pretty much instant gratification (and thats what I like!). This is another one that I can attribute to Geek Central Station; the creator's boyfriend uses Sculpy to make tiny weapons for her amigurumi characters. I was intrigued and bought a couple of blocks from my local craft shop. The first things I made formed a tiny christmas set; a santa, reindeer, tree and some snowmen. My mother saw these online and liked them so much she wanted me to send them down to Devon for her. 

I started fiddling about with jewellery, (like the Totoro necklace pendant below) but without fixings it was all a bit lacking. Unfortunately for my bank account, there is an amazing craft shop practically next door to university (Leeds Met if your wondering). I had been in there before, for poster projects and the like, but I'd not really looked around. I found a rainbow of Sculpy wonderfulness, as well as fixings galore! £20 later and I was on my way home to get creative. 

I can only apologise for the quality of these pictures, my camera phone and actual camera are both terrible. 


Totoro necklace pendant.


 Bob-omb earrings.


Power-up bracelet (Yes, I like Mario).


Dread beads for my friend Charlotte - Boba Fett and Yoda.


Blackbird brooch (I had the Beatle's song in my head the entire time).


Swirly snail brooch. My first experiment with swirly colours.


Rose studs (my biggest seller). 


Goomba studs.


Artists palette pendant.


CND logo (psychedelic maaaan).


Rainbow necklace.


Rainbow heart bracelet <3.


Liquorice bracelets. Not as tasty as the real thing.


First globe brooch. Spent aaaages trying to get it geographically correct.


Purple starts with a yellow spiral. Some of my favourite earrings!


Swirly turquoise heart brooch.


Biscuit bracelet. This makes me hungry.


As does this cupcake bracelet.


Eeew, fruit!? No thanks! (I actually love fruit).


An eternal circle of eat or be eaten.


Second attempt at power-up bracelet. I think they work so much better.


2nd globe. Gave up on geographic truths and made up my own world.


5-a-day! 


My tribute to Prof. Brian Cox. Our solar system.


Watchmen bracelet. Another of my faves.


Artoo dread beads. I love these!


Owl brooches.


WOW Horde pendant, made for Jo (as a gift for her boyfriend).


Sunflower ring.


 Can't remember what this meme is called. But I made this at the request of my brother.


2nd Yoda dread bead.


I LOVE zim. So, I made a Gir pendant :)


Teeny, tiny controllers. Time consuming, but totally worth it!


My first collection, as it were.


Mario cube bracelet.


Bender Bending Rodriguez. My hero.


Tree frog brooch and matching earrings. 


Snail brooch. I think it looks pretty forlorn.


Some doodles and the resultant pieces.


These will become rings at some point in the near future.


Absolutely adorable little autumn scene. (Also to become a ring).


Collection of rainbow heart studs.

My newest design. An abstract green ball ring. Or something like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment