Sunday 6 November 2011

A photo history - Crochet version.

Good afternoon! 

I learned to crochet in the 7 week summer holiday between my first and second year of uni; my boyfriend's mother gave me a hook and an incredibly retro crochet pattern book (which I have yet to make anything from) and within a couple of days I was obsessed. I stumbled upon an awesome blog (http://geekcentralstation.blogspot.com/) and learned of the existence of amigurumi. I loved how quickly these would grow out of chaotic balls of wool in to supercute little guys. At first patterns confused the hell out of me so I worked on the fly, which in a way was better as I got a feel for making various shapes. I can only just understand patterns now, but I still prefer to make it up as I go along (that way it can never be wrong).

So yeah, here are a selection of pictures, beginning with my first effort, up until now.


Just a body and some arms... primitive almost.


This sort of became Frank, from Donnie Darko.


Myself in crochet form.


Pink bunny for Olivia.


Blue bunny with awesome ears.


My little cephalopod :)


Pink and blue.

 A duck for a duck.


Nesting Owlets.


 Pretty kitty for Olivia.


Second squid.


Big blue dragon.


And finally... my most ambitious and favourite amigurumi, a yellow llama for my wonderful friend Laurabeth. Complete with massively fluffy coat, Sculpy nose and eyes and tiny braided scarf. D'aaaaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment